Full diagnostic assessments are carried out in the comfort of your own home. This helps keep the process as relaxed and informal as possible. All that is required is a table and a quiet space.
A full diagnostic assessment for dyslexia
- A full diagnostic report assesses an individual’s underlying ability, attainment and cognitive skills, establishing where their strengths and weaknesses lie.
- Prior to the assessment I will gather the background history and reasons for the assessment, whether in person or from an in-depth questionnaire from both home and school.
- After the assessment is carried out, it is followed by a detailed, comprehensive and jargon free, individual report.
The diagnostic report will contain:
- A summary of the background history.
- An outline of the tests administered and an analysis of the performance of each test.
- A summary of the overall results and what they mean.
- Recommendations of support for home and school.
Time: about 3-4 hours for the dyslexia assessment. This can be done either in one sitting with small breaks if necessary or over two sittings on different days depending on the individual.